Do you have what it takes to be able to navigate the big, bad world of industries and tackle various issues head on? Can you devise a smart approach to deal with hostile trade unions and strikes? After all, Industrial Relations are the need of the hour with India aiming to become a manufacturing hub.This is a competition meant for those who have the right balance between managerial competency and disaster management skills. Thorough conceptual clarity of IR, negotiation skills and the knack for practical application will help you navigate the seas of this event to emerge victorious.
Welcome to the world of Industrial Relations with Strike or Yield.
Round 1: Online Quiz
1. In this round, the teams (of 3 members) will participate in a time-bound online quiz, which will be based on the concepts of Industrial Relations along with a dosage of current affairs.
2. Each team shall have 30 minutes to solve and submit their solution.
Round 2: On-Campus Simulation
1. An auction-based labor-management simulation game, which is not only engaging but also pushes the cognitive limits of participants when it comes to dealing with the changing work scenario.
The participants will be a part of the union of an organization and they need to put their best foot forward by choosing the right negotiator from the available candidates. The available pool of candidates is determined after an auction, which tests their decision-making skills and their ability to foresee tricky situations. The teams need to adapt to the changing environment in which the collective bargaining takes place.
2. Round 2 will be conducted On-Campus.
Round 3: Case study competition
1. The final round of the event, where the participants are given a case based on Industrial Relations conflict. This is a time bound event where the teams have to come up with the best possible solution and present their recommendations for the problem.
2. Round 3 will be conducted On-Campus.
3. Other rules will be divulged during the event.